Sunday, January 15, 2012

No Sleep 'Til Tbilisi!

A very brief rundown of my all-too-short sojourn into and out of Istanbul's airport, Ataturk International.


Somewhere over Sarajevo.

Tuz and Biper!

The sun setting on a very rainy and cold day in Istanbul. Shame none of its citizens got to enjoy it.

Smoking kills. Smokers die younger.

Ataturk.

Very helpful little floor map. My favorite part is the Time Planner at the bottom, which told you how many minutes (to the second decimal) it would take to walk from that spot to your terminal.

Turkish.

But also 'Murikan.

My Kasanin Şifresi! I gave in to the siren song. It was a very long day.


My kapi!

My Çikiş! (I had the row all to myself on both my flights, because some days are just good like that.)

My interpretation of this safety pictorial:
1. Pull little plastic bit off of Emergency Exit door, for shits and giggles.
2. Slam it on the floor, 'cause WHO NEEDS IT NOW?
3. Rip door off hinges while still sitting because this will be totally feasible and not at all difficult to maneuver.
4. Keep rippin', buddy.
5. Use door as shield, prepare to fight dragon.

Leaving Istanbul.

Welcome to Georgia.

1 comment:

  1. You have many journeys that I am muchly jealous of. Also, I can say with absolute authority that your interpretation of the plane pictoral is spot on, especially the part about fighting the dragon.

    ReplyDelete