Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kazbegi.


The bells, the bells are ringing.



It's good to be back. New semester, new family, new living situation, and most importantly... new adventures. This is a rainbow seen as the rain-clouds descended upon us, thankfully after we had climbed back down from the Tsminda Sameba church.

Below: Ananuri, a church on the way to Qazbegi.




Interesting roadside view/artwork:



The border to Russia. We did not cross it, although someone told me yesterday that Americans are now allowed to (although the visa is still $200).


Russian mountains!

The view from the church, atop a mountain in Kazbegi.

Maggie and me, modeling the latest in church-going bebia chic.


Tsminda Sameba.

One of my two new best friends, Mountain Dog #1.


This was the angle we were climbing at.


 Copyright laws? What're those?

My other new best friend, Mountain Dog #2 (aka Oliver).



I'm not entirely thrilled with the quality of these pictures, but I was experimenting using only my iPod to document this trip. The quality's surprisingly good but still a little grainy, and not quite up to the task of documenting these amazing mountains. Oh well, ara ushavs.

No comments:

Post a Comment