Monday, April 22, 2013

And the world will still be imperfect...

“Forever and ever, we say when we are young, or in our prayers. Twice, we say it do we not? For ever and ever... so that a thing may be for ever, a life or a love or a quest, and yet begin again, and be for ever just as before. And any ending that may seem to come is not truly an ending, but an illusion. For time does not die. Time has neither beginning nor end, and so nothing can end or die that has once had a place in time.” 
I like that. It's a quote from one of my favorite series of books, The Dark is Rising Series, by Susan Cooper. She has a way with ideas and a style to match. She puts things very elegantly, I think.

My grandmother, Helen McClernan, passed away on Friday night.

No hay más palabras. I'm wishing for a lot of things right now, and I can't have any of them. So I'll just have to settle for some long, long walks, hopefully all of them with street dogs as friendly as this one to accompany me, until the wishes subside.


 Autumn is creeping up on Lago Ranco.


Cutie. He's got some hound in him for sure. A pack of dogs attacked him on the road when we'd walked pretty far out, but when I turned and ran in the other direction he followed me and thankfully, they did not. They hurt his leg a bit but he was okay after some snuggles and some more walking.

 When I sat down on the beach for a while, he kept me company.


 Playing with the iPod camera's filter settings.

 Cloudy but quiet day.

My grandmother and I were perhaps not as close as we should have or could have been, but I had a hell of a lot of respect for her, and I was always glad when I got the chance to see her and talk to her, even if only for a couple minutes. I'll miss her raspy laugh and her blunt frankness. I'll miss her support. She was just a good grandmom, and that's all there is left to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment