Friday, November 6, 2009

Watched: Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More

Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More. Both good, but The Good the Bad and the Ugly is to me the superior of the three, by far. Far more storytelling depth (probably due to being twice as long), Clint seemed far more comfortable as The Man With No Name, and also, Eli Wallach. The other two are SORELY missing the Wallach factor. Although Few More Dollars has Klaus Kinski as a hunchback (...interesting...) and it also has Lee Van Cleef, which, bonus. Plus the hat-shooting scene. Still, I thought the last one was best. And if anyone has seen all three, can somebody explain why Ramone shows up as Indio and no one mentions it? Or why Cleef is Colonel Mortimer and then Sentenza? I guess they're really not supposed to be a continuous story at all, still, it's weird when it's the same actors.


Also, saw Rob Roy and Primer. Neeson is always awsome, Rob Roy was a lot more about sex than I thought it was going to be (also, Tim Roth plays a GREAT weirdo flamboyant villian-type) and Primer was confusing but cool. No screen caps because I watched all of the above on Hulu (the whole spaghetti trilogy is on there- get it while it's good!) and the other two I watched on the tv thanks to the magic of Netflix/XBox.

Okay, so that's what I did last night/today. I have to get back to work soon but first... Hang 'Em High. Viva la Eastwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment