Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Watched: The Room

I don't think I can begin to explain how or why The Room is such a godawful mess. It's riddled with continuity errors, sound problems, meaningless cuts to random outdoor San Francisco locations, cheesy sex scenes that were so squeamishly awkward and unsexy and ran on for so long as to turn a viewer off of heterosexuality foverer, and of course... the fascinating, horrifying "performance" of writer/director/producer Tommy Wiseau. There are some interesting reviews out there that help to fully explain why this film is so bad, and do it better than I ever could; if you're totally unfamiliar I'd encourage using my alltime favorite site Pajiba's review or the AV Club interview with Wiseau as a starting point. As for this blog entry, I will say no more about The Room. In fact, I watched the whole thing with subtitles, so I will let the film do its speaking for me.

















P.S. Jump cut! Aw yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment