Monday, April 18, 2011

Watched: La Dolce Vita

This is another one that I watched a while ago and couldn't really think of what to say about it. Well, what to say that hasn't already been said. It's obviously a masterpiece, just beautiful, engrossing, tragicomic, sexy filmmaking. Very Italian. Wikipedia has a pretty good rundown of the plot and its structure here and I think most of the visuals have also been beyond dissected for their meaning. Having watched La Dolce Vita and 8 1/2, I would say I prefer 8 1/2 slightly more only because this has a much more rigid structure than 8 1/2's fluid movement between fantasy, filmmaking, daydream, and memory. But really, they're both incredible movies and I don't have much in the way of criticism to go on here.









No comments:

Post a Comment