Sunday, March 23, 2014

Watched: Ender's Game

A serviceable children's/action/sci-film, although the book is way, way better. I think part of the problem is that the twist in the book, at least for me, was such a huge revelation (and I did feel like a bit of a dum-dum for not seeing it before, although in my defense I listened to the audiobook so I wasn't really going back to recheck things, just floating along following the story) that revisiting the story, some of that suspense is gone. But I think the other problem is one many books to movies have, it's hard to put on film something quite as intense or wondrous as what the mind can conjure. So a lot of film adaptations just fall short in that regard. I think this one is among them, decent as it is.











No comments:

Post a Comment