Thursday, June 22, 2017

Watched: American Crime Story [TV, Season 1]

Lately I got a hold of my parents' Netflix password and I've been catching up on the last couple years of TV. On the list: American Crime Story. This was beautifully shot and so compelling, I watched the majority of the season in one weekend. Good performances, great casting, perfect costuming and location scouting/sets.

I was just a kid when the Simpson trial happened and I only vaguely remember it although I do remember news coverage of the fallout. I appreciate that the show both does and does not take a stance on OJ's innocence (I mean I think the opinion of the producers is pretty clear but it's not like the whole story is told from the point of view of the LAPD/DA). I like that John Travolta plays such a hideously slimy antagonist with so much enthusiasm, and I like that Sarah Paulson got such a meaty role worthy of her talent. Good stuff.
















No comments:

Post a Comment