Friday, October 16, 2009

Watched: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

For the first 2 and half hours I was mildly interested, curious to see just how unattractive Leone could make Wallach and digging the Civil War theme running throughout but a little bored, then that last half hour... BAM! So good. So freaking intense. Netflix Instant had to pause the movie to buffer for a minute and I almost had an aneurysm I was so intent on the bridge scene, then the final showdown between the three men. I think that scene of Truco running through the graveyard was completly mesmerizing, the mixture of greed and tragedy and triumph was such a brutal juxtaposition. Just amazing.

But more importantly, why did no one inform me that Clint Eastwood was such a fucking fox?



DAMN. I always thought him of squinty and bleh but now I think I get it. I also think that I have a thing for blonde-haired, blue-eyed taciturn manly actors of yore (See: Mcqueen, Steve; Newman, Paul; Dean, James; et. al.). So there's that. Up next: Unforgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment