Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Watched: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Well, I'm at least glad I got to see this exceedingly condensed and weirdly open-ended conclusion to the saga. There were some parts of this I was totally appreciative of, like how the director skipped over the pages upon pages of exposition setting up the section and the police force working on Lisbeth's case and the PM's task force working against both of those grozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... That's how I felt reading parts of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. There a couple hundred pages in the middle that were exceedingly boring. All skipped over in the movie, for which I am grateful. I'm glad the court room scene got to play out more or less faithfully to the book, since it's more or less the most awesome part of the story, but I'm sad that they kill Zalachenko right away and don't keep any of the book's suspense of Salander and Zalachenko being alive in the same hospital. They also didn't include any of Salander's internet friends who play a pretty important role in her redemption, which, boo. There's the weird ending between Salander and Blomkvist which is, well, weird, but the showdown between Salander and her brother kind of makes up for it. She's such a badass.





No comments:

Post a Comment