Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Watched: Presdestination

When my brother first showed me this movie he told me the main character was Leonardo DiCaprio and I spent the first half fifteen minutes of the movie believing him until I realized what was actually going on. I hesitate to really get into the plot but I think this is just so precisely, carefully made to be as logical as a movie about time travel can be. And at the same time it's one of the head-trippiest films I've ever seen. If you want to partly the movie for yourself, know that it's based on the short story '-- All You Zombies --' by Robert A. Heinlein, although know that the film extends the story to be even more insane than the source material. This one is a must-see, a modern classic, and although I don't meet a lot of people who have seen it I think it's a small masterpiece in weird but successful, engaging sci-fi storytelling.


  
  









No comments:

Post a Comment