Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Puns, Huns, and Fun

justinws310: today is star wars day
justinws310: may the 4th be with you


Watched The Vikings (1958) with Kirk Douglas and Janet Leigh. Between a plot so predictable that I could accurately guess 10 minutes into it exactly what was going to happen, a complete lack of historical accuracy, every single "Viking" character swearing some promise on the blood of Odin at least once (seriously we get it they worshipped Odin NOW SHUT UP), Leigh sporting the wonkiest looking boobage I've seen since Madonna poured herself into two cones and all the men wearing some sort of medieval Uggs and short shorts (despite being Nordic?!)... it was time well fucking spent.





This is the best picture I could find because I forgot to take screencaps (due to my being completely engrossed in the unintentional hilarity), but trust me, her decolletage looked weird.

Now I'm watching Pride and Prejudice, the 1940 version with Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier. Why? Because I am a fiend for the Austen. And because its so shitty outside that I refuse to get out of bed and stop watching movies until I see some sunshine. Even if this is the least faithful adaptation I've ever seen.
It's a movie kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment