Saturday, October 13, 2012

Watched: Friends with Kids

I didn't laugh out loud once. Possibly I was not supposed to, and this was in fact one of those dastardly "dramedies" where the humor is supposed to be muted to the point of barely-there, and the drama lukewarm. If so, well done! No, seriously, there are so many people in here to whom I have such good will due other projects they've done that I love (about 89% of the cast just hopped on over from the set of Bridesmaids, one of my favorite movies from last summer) that I really wanted to like this much more than I did. It's not badly written or badly acted, I don't think. There are some nice moments. And Jennifer Westfeldt sure does love a dinner table scene, she's got about a half dozen of them in here. I actually found them to be the best part, when all the characters were contained in one room bouncing off of each other. But for the most part I ended up just kind of passively taking it in, thinking "huh, so that happened" and then moving on with my day. Maybe I'm just a bad viewer. Shrug.


 Bit part for Emily Gilmore. Why?? GIVE EMILY MORE SCREENTIME! The woman deserves it. She is a national treasure, that lady. (Yes I know that is not her real name but that is not relevant. To me she will always be Emily Gilmore.)





No comments:

Post a Comment