Saturday, October 13, 2012

Watched: Hackers

Delightfully wacky 90's time capsule. Angelina Jolie, practically a fetus, already doing the whole femme fatale seductress thing that she will go on to do for approximately 95% of her career. If ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Johnny Lee Miller is a horrible protagonist, although I've seen him in stuff I like (Trainspotting, MANSFIELD PARK JANE AUSTEN WHATUP!) here the combination of the nasal American accent he occasionally drops and his sneering braggadocio he's just basically the worst. Even when he's cool he's still just such a massive dork and yet an asshole at the same time that the rest of the movie kind of suffers from it, I think. Oh well. It's still amazing for its pure, unadulterated 90'sness.

 That guy, who I most remember from when he played Eliza Dushku's brother in Bring It On! Aw, look at what a baby he is here. He smokes in this movie, but he's also got braces. The combo is hilarious.

 Matthew Lillard I love you! Matthew Lillard I miss you! Matthew Lillard come back and be the weird, loud obnoxious in every ensemble comedy again!


 Meatloaf and one my favorite hammy, mediocre actors from the 80's/90's, Fisher Stevens. Fisher Stevens movies I can remember watching off the top of my head: Only You and this one. Clearly I'm going to need to double down and do a Short Circuit marathon. Why have I not seen more Fisher Stevens movies? He's so annoying!! So many missed opportunities to hate myself and the world!

Also, Lorraine Bracco, don't look so worried- it only gets better from here on out.



Bunk Moreland!!

 90's movie= at least one mall or mall-esque shot.

 The former Mr. Jennifer Lopez!

  Hacker clubs.
Hacker television personalities. Because, you know, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment