Saturday, August 3, 2013

Watched: Take Shelter

Is there nothing that Jessica Chastain is not perfect and beautiful in?? She is truly my ginger lady hero. I've now seen her in Tree of Life, The Help, Zero Dark Thirty, Lawless, and this movie, Take Shelter. She's never been anything less than exceptional in any of her parts. Really love her an awful lot. It's kind of weird that her success just seemed overnight, like two years ago she was on Law and Order and that's about it and now she's huge! But I'm not complaining.

Oh, but the movie. The movie is great! Very upsetting with a lot of strange dream-state imagery that makes sense and yet does not sense, in the way that dreams do and don't simultaneously. Michael Shannon is perfect as well, he's another one who is just unfailingly talented. I saw in Superman: Man of Steel earlier this summer and loved him as Zod. Apparently he's great on Boardwalk Empire as well, which I have never watched but which is on one of my many, many lists of things to watch. Anyway, he's great. Everyone is great in this and I was left feel kind of sad and disturbed but also [SPOILER ALERT I GUESS BUT SO ARE A LOT OF THE PICTURES IN THIS BLOG POST AS ARE MOST OF MY BLOG POSTS SO YIKES, WELCOME TO MY BLOG I GUESS] redeemed by Shannon's character's redemption. Even if it is going to be almost immediately followed by his destruction. Worth it!

The child actor is also not horrible. Perhaps because her character is deaf so she doesn't really speak.





No comments:

Post a Comment