Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Digs

I meant to capture the courtyard outside of my front door and accidentally captured this little girl in mid-sprint.



 My front gate.

My front door.

Inside: Another door, and a hallway.

To the left: what used to be a counter where they sold vouchers (I think the former native language English teacher, Natalie, was telling me they were for lunches?). In any case, the whole hallway was public. Which is awkward becaaaause...


This is the toilet. On the right. About 2 feet away from the counter. And accessible to anyone and everyone walking through this hallway. Thankfully, it is not public anymore.

The apparently American alarm system, located next to the inner door! It says "ALARM", "ARMED", and "TROUBLE". The trouble one is always blinking but nothing has come of it, so I guess that just means it's on? I hope?

 Next to the (literal) toilet closet, the (literal) bath room. Sink and shower stall:

Opposite the shower, laundry machine, water heater, drying rack, cupboard:

Hilarious mirror that shows me from the middle of my chin and up. So useful. The other mirror in the apartment is a little 8x8" mirror. Possibly my first big investment in Hungary will be a damn full-length mirror. Or I could just spend the whole year wingin' it? So many possibilities...

My Hungarian calendar! I'm going to be looking at December 2013's porcelain collection for a long... long... long long.... time...

Since this is the first time I have ever lived in a place where the whole apartment is mine, I decided that if I wanted to have a big old shoe pile next to my front door, then I WILL HAVE MY SHOE PILE. Also: microwave from the late Bronze Age and freezer-less fridge. The microwave works decently so whatever but the no freezer thing will take some actual meal planning. Blergh.

Toaster oven/electric burners. This is an... interesting machine. We're still getting acquainted.

Counter space, cupboard space. etc. Window door with colored sticky paper on it that makes it awfully pretty, like faux-stained glass.

Chair I will probably never sit in because I think it is just fuzzy fabric, wood, and cardboard.

Desk I will probably also not use very much. Maybe when I get farther into the school year. We'll see. I'm not a huge "sit at the desk and work" person.

View from the bedroom.


Bed, computer chair setup, other slightly larger chair constructed of the same materials that I will also probably never use, carpet, wall, endless piles of junk.


Not sure if the other pictures properly conveyed this, but I have crazy high ceilings. Perfect for inviting moth infestations (notice the stickie paper thing hanging from the light) and dueling spider clans.

Map of Hungary I bought for 100 Forint! (50ish cents)

View from my bed of all my storage space, which is empty right now and makes me feel like I have a serial killer's apartment. Probably going to need to start putting random things in there because I'm pretty sure even the display furniture in department stores are more decorated.

But at least the insides are full of things! ..... That Natalie left for me.

 I also have clothes. A lot of black ones, apparently.

Attempting to display the hilariously small nature of the only other mirror in my apartment, and instead took this stunning masterpiece of photography. In homage to Munch's "The Scream", I call it, "The Whimper".

No comments:

Post a Comment