Sunday, January 11, 2015

Watched: Pride & Prejudice (2005)

The beginning of my love for Joe Wright, a director who I think is one of the best working these days. I mean, I would love him for Hanna alone, but this is also the guy who did Atonement and Anna Karenina. I've never seen The Soloist but I've heard that it's beautifully made as well.


Anyway, I remember this film getting some heat when it came out because it's not the absolutely most faithful adaptation of Jane Austen's classic novel. But I love it. If you want a true and faithful version of the book, sure, watch the 1995 BBC mini-series starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. But if you want to watch a film with beautiful cinematography, a lovely score (Dario Marianelli, so good!), and a classic (Oscar-nominated) performance from Kiera Knightley, this is your movie.



 








 
 














No comments:

Post a Comment