Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Watched: Under the Skin

Probably one of the darkest films I've watched in a long time. After enjoying Captain America: The Winter Soldier, especially Scarlett Johansson's somewhat subdued but still interesting performance as the Black Widow I thought I'd check out a film that I've had for a while now and could never quite work my way up to, Under the Skin. I'd read a lot about it before watching it, mostly reviews talking about how cold and disturbing it was but how well it achieved what it set out to do. I would have to agree with those reviews. This is not a film that reaches out and welcomes you in. There are a LOT of unanswered questions at the end. There are a lot of things that you are shown which at left to you, the viewer, to interpret for meaning. It gets frustrating at times but I do think there are just enough clues to piece together a more-or-less satisfying story as long as you're paying attention and okay with contemplating the darkness and horror that the movie is suggesting.















No comments:

Post a Comment