Sunday, February 9, 2014

Watched: Eden Lake

Um. Oh. Okay. Besides having Fassbender looking beautiful, and the bitchy sister of Mr. Bingley being mostly nice until she's pushed too far (soon after Fass is killed, retroactive spoiler alert because I will be very surprised if you actually seek this movie out and even if you do it's very obvious from foreshadowing that he is going to die!)  and then starts murdering all the murderous children. It's kind of like The Hills Have Eyes, or Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Cabin Fever or Deliverance, or any of the other various members of the "the-locals-are-not-what-they-seem-actually-they're-exactly-what-they-seem-they're-messed-up-hillbilly-serial-killer-psychopaths" genre. 

Also, the ending of this is dark. Real dark. So I give it props for that. It's not my usual fare, but I enjoyed it well enough I suppose. Also, Fassbender.

 Are you kidding me with that profile/jawline? Get out of here.



 I just can't even.

 Youths!

 Hey, this guy played the probation officer on the final season of Misfits! He's got a name, surely, but to me he is, simply, "The Probation Office Who Lived".

James Cook, from Skins! Making his way in the world! I recently saw a trailer for a prison movie he's in, it looked good. Good for him! He was one of my favorite parts of series 3 and 4 on Skins and he is a completely despicable psychopath here, almost to the point of caricature, which I posit is more the fault of the script than his performance. Opinions! I gots em!

 Slightly less attractive, especially with the dying and the bleeding, and yet I firmly maintain that we could make it work.



No comments:

Post a Comment