Thursday, February 6, 2014

Watched: Gone Baby Gone

Pretty dark, gritty crime things happening in Boston. I can see why on the strength of this people were like, you know what, okay. Let's give Ben Affleck another shot in Hollywood. It's pretty well done. And Amy Ryan is so great, especially when you consider the characters she played in The Office and The Wire. She's just really good at disappearing into a role which is always such a cool surprise when female actresses can do that! I hope that doesn't sound like I'm getting down on female actresses. There are so many really great ones. But a lot of them remain pretty visible despite the different roles they play. Ryan is a little more chamelon-esque, I think. Also that story is just messed up, but well done. I promise even though I'm posting this around the same time I'm posting about Prisoners, that I did not watch them back to back. I probably would've just walked over to the Danube and thrown myself in. Too much sadness, gotta parse that shit out!













No comments:

Post a Comment