Sunday, October 23, 2016

Watched: Kingsman: The Secret Service

Matthew Vaughn directs fun action movies, yes/yes? This one, Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class, Stardust... not to mention a few other gems that he's produced. The guy knows his way around an action romp and I enjoy that this one so thoroughly celebrates its Britishness (although could I do without the only minorities in the film being the two non-British antagonists? Yes probably). The plot is not some labyrinthine beast nor is it a mind-numbingly dumb insult to the viewers. It's enough to justify the forward movement of the movie which is about as much as I would ask of a movie like this, that so confidently knows what it is and where its place in the hierarchy of movies is. I've seen in a few times now and it holds up (although I suspect its references to celebrities kidnapped and imprisoned may not).

















No comments:

Post a Comment