Sunday, February 12, 2017

Watched: Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

Basically a cornerstone of my childhood. I hate that the only version you can find these days is the remastered, re-released one from the 2000's when Lucas added a bunch of unnecessary CGI to various scenes so we could all benefit from extra shots of Jabba the Hut's backside and the backdrops to various wide shots somehow looking even less realistic. Hubris. Ugh.



So many iconic shots in the first 20 minutes.




Especially that one.

I loved the Banthas! They look like the love children of woolly mammoths and bison and I want to ride one.


Brutal.




I don't care how you edit it, Lucas, he shot first!

This was stupid. It looks WORSE.

ALSO STUPID.











Hurray, happy ending! For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment