Sunday, February 12, 2017

Watched: Lady and the Tramp

There's a bit more racist/nationality-based stereotypes than I remembered, which I guess shouldn't surprise about movies coming from the early Disney era, but this one still remains a classic that introduced little Emily to the true sadness of seeing a sad dog on screen. I also named the first dog we had for whom I got to have input on the name process after Lady, mistakenly thinking that the dog in this movie was a beagle. She's not, she's a cocker spaniel. And our dog, although I loved her, was no lady. Ah well.









There is also some very lovely animation and artwork in this.

Russian and Mexican stereotypes? Sure why not!

CRYING DOG YOU STILL GET TO ME.

This dog was voiced by Peggy Lee. Huh.

Another beautiful piece of animation.




No comments:

Post a Comment