Saturday, August 19, 2017

Watched: Fantasia (1940)

This one is such a classic. I actually remember watching this quite a lot when I was a kid. I also remember being pretty bored at times while watching it. Rewatching it as an adult I'd have to say that it definitely is still kind of on the boring side but you're at least able to appreciate the amount of creativity into bringing it about. Also there are definitely some kind of problematic moments, racially speaking? Like Bacchus showing up with the only black centaurs, whose horse halves are zebras, or the little Asian mushrooms seen below. Moments that I feel like you kind of have to understand in the context of when this film was made but still made me cringe. The Nutcracker suite is also still my favorite.





  







  

Real talk: this was always my favorite centaur. Because obviously watching this as a kid I had to pick a favorite. Look at that tail decoration, though! Girl makes all the other lady centaurs look like rank amateurs.
  





  


No comments:

Post a Comment