Friday, January 1, 2016

Watched: Werewolf (1996)(MST3K)

Oh my god is this a good episode. Between the weird old prospector to the semi-famous brother of Martin Sheen, Joe Estevez's cameo, to this heroine's strong eastern European accent and completely emotionless acting/monotone speech pattern, to the ridiculous inconsistency in lighting, makeup, hair, and set design, this one is just a classic. The opening bit (Mike slips and hits his head and won't stop interviewing Crow as though he is James Lipton) and the closing bit (Mike becomes a were-Crow and Tom Servo accidentally gets a little bit of the Mike serum on him so he has hair and thinks he's midwestern) are pretty great too.

I mean, probably not in my top ten, but still great. For the reference, here are my top 10 MST3K episodes, 1 being my all-time favorite ep:

10. Manos: Hands of Fate
9. The Brain that Wouldn't Die
8. Mitchell
1. Final Sacrifice


If you can watch all 10 of these episodes and not find yourself emerging as a die-hard Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan then please understand that we'll probably never fully understand each other as human beings.

Maybe I will try to write about the others this year. Hungover New Year's Resolutions are the best resolutions!

P.S. You'll notice that all of my top 5 picks are Mike episodes, and that there only a couple of Joel episodes included. Joel just does not cut it for me. Give me Mike or give me... Pearl and Bobo and Brain Guy! I'd take them kibitzing at a movie over Joel's sleepy mumbling. Hell, I'd take Dr. Foster and TV's Frank over Joel!











No comments:

Post a Comment