Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The One Where Kathleen Got Married

No actually the world is pretty fucking big and your outdated ethnic/nationalistic stereotypes are mildly horrifying.

Here I offer with almost no context some photos from Kathleen's bachelorette party...day...extravaganza at Disney and her beautiful wedding to Niluk two days later, at the San Diego Safari Park place. This was a pretty insane time, as I returned from Huế, spent one full day in Hanoi riding my bike around [ostensibly to pick up all the souvenirs I'd been meaning to buy but also just because], then left early the next morning to fly to Taipei, lay myself over, and get myself to California. THE DAY AFTER I LANDED we spent all day at Disney. There is no other way to describe it except as a mind-out-of-body experience. Mostly good, but very strange.

Kathleen was a beautiful bridge. She looked like something out of a movie set at the turn of the century. The Safari Park is amazing, and is connected to the Zoo so it's operating at the same level of animal care and attention to detail. The wedding involved a Ben & Jerry's ice cream bar. I went back for seconds. #NoRegrets

The gals!





Wind in the Willows ride! It was... very dark. Like, thematically. I had forgotten that.

Aw yeah, awkward roller coaster photo!


Parade.


Getting ready snapshots.






Ugh, it'll suffice I guess.

On the way to the park!


Maeve, Kathleen's sister, also cleans up nicely.

Seen: giraffes, rhinos.


Seen: giraffes, antelope of some kind, birds.

Snagging a photo with the couple!



Can you see them? Hold on, keeping going...


FLUFFY BABY CHEETAHS. Good grief.


First dance.







I don't even care, I'm including every single photo of this tiger because it is so beautiful and it came over and laid down in front of the glass JUST in time to watch Kathleen and Niluk's first dance and then wandered off afterwards. Did someone coordinate that to happen? It was bizarrely perfect.

Open bar, YES.

Buffet of delicious food. I went back for more of those mashed potatoes and did my best not to weep with joy while eating them.



ROUND ONE.



Shannon, a most excellent fellow wedding-goer and friend of Kathleen's (from Jordan) who gave me a ride to the airport the next day. Thanks again!

Other dances.



ROUND TWO.


Very sweet moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment