Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Watched: Iron Man II

I don't think this is as bad as the reviews at the time made it out to be. I laughed a few times. I think, again in hindsight (as with Iron Man which I also just re-watched) you can see how many things it's trying to establishing, and I think it actually does a pretty good job juggling set-up for Avengers/Captain America and tell its own story. Not as gracefully as Iron Man or Captain American: Winter Soldier, perhaps, but it still does a decent job.

Rourke literally does the throw the head back and scream, "Noooooo!!!1!!!" thing and the movie just barely began five minutes ago. Way over the top right out of the gate, movie. Way too much.

Avian inebriation: not cool, bro.

  
Hey, Olivia Munn/these days she's now Psylocke! But not in these movies because Marvel and Fox won't play nice.
  
Hey Kate Mara! You're gonna be a superhero soon too. But it'll be in yet another crappy attempt to make Fantastic Four into an entertaining live-action story, which it does not seem capable of being. Womp womp.

I totally forgot about this character when watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier but now it just makes that movie even better. So well done there, everyone involved.


Rhodes v. 2.0. (I like Cheadle's performance better. He and Downey have better chemistry.)

Okay, this was a cool weapon. The first time. And then he built the same weapon again and I was like, ugh, okay. We get it. You like whips. Give it a rest.



More world-establishing with the introduction of Black Widow!

Ruh-roh. 

This was cool.

What's wrong with your faaaaaa.....

This too.

And this. Again, the first time. Then they fight again and Tony does the same move, again, and it's a little less cool.


  


I feel like this was the iconic shot from the movie. Like, I really remember this from the promotional materials/trailers/whatever when I think about this movie. Tony eating donuts inside a giant donut while Fury yells at him.


This was a good joke.

REFERENCES, YO! So much subtle setting up happening here, for Thor and Avengers!


  
This was another shot I remember seeing over and over again in promotion for the movie.



  

After-credits teaser!  

No comments:

Post a Comment