Sunday, May 15, 2016

Watched: Ricki and the Flash

I could have watched Meryl embarrass her embittered, estranged grown children because she's a washed up never-was rock star for approximately one million more years. Meryl, my queen, you are truly a gem. Her performance was made even more revelatory for me because a couple days after watching this I was hanging out with some friends and we watched The Devil Wears Prada and not only did she entirely embody that 100% different character perfect but she is completely convincing as a younger woman in this movie, despite filming it years after TDWP. I mean, just watch this one, Kramer vs. Kramer, Doubt, The Devil Wears Prada, Julie and Julie, and The French Lieutenant's Woman in a weekend and then take a long, hard look in the mirror and think about what you're doing with your life. Not that you should be acting, leave that to Meryl. But think about what you're doing and if you're doing it as well as Meryl is doing the acting. Are you? Are you really though?

Also Kevin Kline is in this as Kevin Kline, version: Uptight (as opposed to Kevin Kline, version: Cool Dad) and he's great. Meryl's daughter is also great. Sebastian Stan shows up for about five minutes and he's adorable. Everybody else also has a face and presumably, lines. I don't know. I can barely remember.










No comments:

Post a Comment