Sunday, May 15, 2016

Watched: Cinderella (2015)

I just wanted to see Cate Blanchett ham it up and look at some pretty dresses. On both those counts, this thing delivers. Also something really weird is happening with Helen Bonham Carter's teeth (she plays the fairy godmother). Otherwise, I'll say that is works as an ambiguously timeless, location-less modern-ish fairy tale in the vein of Jack the Giant Killer, Red Riding Hood, Snow White and the Huntsman/Mirror Mirror, et al. It's really perfectly suited for being hungover on a Sunday afternoon or watching with your mom and a pizza on a Wednesday evening.



Peggy Carter!?



I love, love, LOVE all the green she wears in this movie.


But the blue is good too.


YES.






  
Awkward.

Would that I had not watched a damn hard-sub copy of this, because I loved this shot!


YESSSS!

Well... okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment