Sunday, March 26, 2017

Watched: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

So, so boring. Not as good as The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe but not as disappointing as Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I remember falling asleep in the theater when I saw this with my best friend who had also loved these books when she was a kid, and when I sat down to rewatch I couldn't remember why. But then when I got to the end of act two I remembered: the White Witch gets brought back (yawn), the characters feel two-dimensional, and the entire third act is a battle sequence that I'm barely invested in. YAWN.




This opening sequence, with the train station transitioning to a Narnia that the Pevensie kids do not immediately recognize then realize is centuries after their own reign, is maybe one of the best parts of the whole movie.


Dinklage!







Cool costuming.




This was cool although I don't really remember if its in the books or not. Part of the reason why this adaptation is boring but not as upsetting to me as The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is that I never liked Prince Caspian or The Silver Chair as much as the other books in the series.


Obligatory Aslan.

No comments:

Post a Comment