Sunday, March 26, 2017

Watched: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

I would not say that this is the height of Fincher's filmmaking oeuvre but I do still like this film (even with the terrible amount of  violence done to women, which I know is the point but is still hard to watch). First of all, it's beautiful. Second of all, the cast is great. Third of all, it's very stylish. Is it as comprehensive or satisfying as the compete Swedish trilogy starring Noomi Rapace? No. Although they managed to find an actress with a name that is weirdly easily to confuse with the other Lisbeth Salander's (Rooney Mara). I actually like Rooney Mara's performance more than Noomi's although I think Noomi's is more true to the book Lisbeth, I think Rooney's is more interesting.


This credit sequence though.
  
Robin Wright Penn doing her thing.



Small critique: there is no point in highlighting a text as you read if you're just going to highlight all of it.

A LOT of this movie is people sitting around, chatting. Which I guess is true of most journalism films and it's not boring and does move the plot forward but it's still kind of funny after a while.





Mr. Cool guys glasses on the chin. I don't know why he chooses this look but I find it hilarious.



Great shirt.









Even funnier the second time.


Joel Kinnaman is barely in this but manages to be appropriately Swedish and handsome for the screentime he has!

No comments:

Post a Comment