Sunday, March 26, 2017

Watched: Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Of all the disappointment from the Chronicles of Narnia films, this one brings the greatest. Watching adaptations of beloved books is always difficult and Voyage of the Dawn Treader is probably my absolute favorite novel of my childhood. This film starts out all right, and throughout it does have some visually beautiful moments and some storytelling moments that stay true to the text but the entire third act turns what should be the final episode to end an episodic story into a video game and unnecessarily brings back Tilda Swinton's White Witch AGAIN. Ugh. This might be the angriest I have ever been at a movie. People talk about movie ruining their childhood and I think that's an exaggeration but I do remember leaving the theater after seeing this and doing my best to forget it so that my own mental images and remembrance of the story could remain forefront.

 


This was all good.



Very cool.


Aslan, Aslanning.

This was also good.

The sea serpent fight was okay.

I liked this effect and this looked a lot how I remember imagining it.



This was fine. But there was a lot of stuff in between these shots that I didn't even capture because it would just make me angrier. Ugh. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment