Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Watched: The Other Boleyn Girl

Two words: costume. drama. There are good actors in this movie. There are some interesting shots. The writing is not good. The plot is... kind of dull. Scarlet Johansson as the reasonable sister and Natalie Portman as the wild one, despite playing against their images (an admirable thing to try), does not really work.

But really, it's all about the costumes.




Baby Cumberbatch!


Baby Redmayne!

I want that headpiece.

I loved this shot.



Oh Bana, so wasted, so miscast.



Reek/Theon!




All of this please, in my wardrobe. When would I wear it? WHO CARES.



I liked this shot as well.




The end, more or less. Spoilers, if you don't know English history. (You should maybe learn at least a little bit of English history. Come on! This is the salacious, fun stuff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment